English Commons at Topsfield is located on the scenic North Shore 18 miles north of Boston - a convenient 20 minute drive time. It is conveniently located with direct access to U.S. Route 1 and easy access to Interstate 95. Nearby are major medical facilities, shopping malls, the seashore and beaches, state parks and forests, cultural venues, regional airports and the surrounding quaint communities of Newburyport, Essex, Gloucester, Marblehead, Hamilton, Wenham, Boxford, Beverly Farms, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Topsfield, Danvers and Ipswich.
Nestled in the North Shore, Topsfield is a small rural town with a strong sense of community. It is the home of America's Oldest Agricultural Fair, The Topsfield Fair. The Town boasts of scenic rivers and rolling hills. You will also find the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, part of the Massachusetts Audubon Society. Other places of interest include the historic Parson Capen House and Gould Barn. The English Commons community includes a 50 acre open space preserve, and maintains the scenic rural character of this important gateway into Topsfield.
English Commons at Topsfield is a gated community offering privacy and security for its residents. Once at home, you can socialize at The Club at English Commons - where you'll find space for community events, private family functions, a fully-outfitted Fitness Center, an outdoor heated swimming pool and a large sundeck. Most homes front a Common center green complimented with a gazebo - the perfect spot for summer evening get-togethers. A brick walking path meanders through the Common and a natural walking path traverses through the surrounding fields, meadows and woodlands.
Below are some of the amenities and community features offered at English Commons:
- Fitness Center
- Library/Internet Center
- Gathering Room
- Heated Swimming Pool and Sun Deck
- Scenic Gazebo
- Brick Walking Paths and Natural Walking Trail
- Gated Entry
- Quality Landscaping - Professionally installed and maintained.
- Brick Driveways and Walkways
- Fish Pond and Fountain
- Environmentally-Friendly Low Impact Development (LID) Site Design
- Granite Curbing
- 68.5 Acre Property with 50 Acres of Dedicated Open Space
- 1.4 Acres per Home
- Abuts the 454 Acre Putnamville Reservoir property and protected watershed lands open to recreation.
- Convenient location with access to Boston and the Mountains
- Located 19 miles from Logan Airport
- No Affordable Units/ non 40B Development
- A Total of 49 Homes comfortably spaced to afford privacy
- New England traditional style architecture with garages attached to the ends of the building - rather than stacked in front of each unit, avoiding the compacted look of "a row of garage doors" commonly seen on many condominium developments.
- Natural gas service on the property (not underground Propane Tanks or Oil tanks)
- Private garden/planting areas behind every home.
- Area available for a Community Garden
- All underground utilities including electric, cable TV, FiOS telephone and natural gas.